• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Appraiser

New posts

Just_In_Thyme

Beach Lover
Anyone know of a local appraiser that is familiar with this market? I would like to get an appraisal of a proerty.
 
Just_In_Thyme said:
Anyone know of a local appraiser that is familiar with this market? I would like to get an appraisal of a proerty.

Depends on what you're trying to do. Are you looking for someone who will appraise high (for selling or pulling cash out), someone who will appraise low (for tax purposes) or someone who's honest.
 
Just_In_Thyme said:
I want someone who is honest. Aren't they all???

"But, as the Appraisal Institute recently testified to Congress, appraisers are under increasing pressure from lenders, mortgage bankers and real estate agents to "hit their number" when appraising property.

Rather than come up with an independent estimate of a home's value, appraisers -- who are typically independent contractors -- say they are being told to base their estimate on a predetermined value. "



Here's a link to CNN Money article about appraiser fraud:http://money.cnn.com/2005/05/23/real_estate/financing/appraisalfraud/
 
Just_In_Thyme said:
Anyone know of a local appraiser that is familiar with this market? I would like to get an appraisal of a proerty.

Tommy Sholes 850-267-2180. He's been appraising 30-A for 30 years.
 
Just_In_Thyme said:
Anyone know of a local appraiser that is familiar with this market? I would like to get an appraisal of a proerty.
I highly recommend William V. Shaffer of The Appraisal House - 850-244-0656. If The Appraisal House offers to send someone else, you are on your own.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top