• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Asking for SoWaller's Prayers

New posts
This is wonderful news Kat.:wave: I thought of you both yesterday.
 
Glad he is coming home and am trusting that his recovery will be quick! Hang in there and take care of yourself during this time.. I will continue to lift you and your family up in prayer.
 
Maybe he will take pain pill and post the seafood dip recipe!!:biggrin: :wub:

:lolabove: jdarq you should be ashamed, thinking about yourself (but that is a great thought).

Kat and Doug - Glad you are going to be at home. Keep us posted on recovery, and Kat you take care of yourself too. :wub:
 
Great day in the morning!!

When he starts getting crabby, you know he's getting well!!!:clap: :clap:
 
OMG I'm almost too exhausted to post! Here's a quick update. I LOVE YOU ALL! YOUR PRAYERS HAVE KEPT ME GOING!!!!!​

Doug is walking some and is very weak. This morning he is eating grits and soft eggs! Now I know he's on the road to recovery! He's hungry and demanding. Like having a little baby again.:wub: Well, not quite.

He can't go to the cafe for two weeks :funn: yea, right and can't drive for three. It will take at least a year to tell if he will get some of the damage that's been done to nerve endings back....and his muscle regained. The disc damage to C 6-7 affects his whole right side. Physical therapy will start in about 4-6 weeks.

This surgery is usually not so problematic if you have it done soon after being diagnosed. Doug has had this problem for 10 years.....first he couldn't jump, then run....and over the years walking has become so painful. His right arm about 3 years ago began to bother him with numbness, tingling, and muscle deterioration. I honestly don't know how he's cooked this long.
Sheer determination and hard headedness...of course now he sees that it was not the right thing to do. I only share this with you in case you know of someone going through similar problems....tell them not to wait!

I want to thank all of you for supporting us at the cafe while we are not there it means the world to us....Our partner, The Shadowman is taking care of everything. He likes to stay in the shadows, but believe me we could not do it without him. And, our staff is more then wonderful....we are so blessed!

Well, my Sowal friends that's a long update. I miss the cafe.....sigh.

Bless you all,
:wave: :wub: Kat
 
Y'all are a really pretty pair of people, by the way...

Your cafe is next on my list of places I have to visit when I come back down there.

Speedy recovery...
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top