• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Asking for your opinion

New posts
The mistake was your friend's, not the servers. The server doesn't know what percentage you were attempting to tip.
 
This is an easy one.

Do not contact the manager and let it go.

Do not confuse this with a situation like the others described on this thread where a server did something wrong (e.g. entered a tip that was higher than the tip you wrote on a cc slip).

As it stands, you left a nice tip and the server appreciates it. It's not like someone accidentially dropped a $100 bill under the table and the server is pretending it's there's when obviously it wasn't.

Your party left a believable amount of money ON THE TABLE.

There are many instances
where friends and family fight over a check, one person refuses to allow the other to contribute at all so the other person says- "well, I'm contributing no matter what so I'm leaving it on the table." And the other person says "go right ahead, I guess the server is going to get a great tip". And they all say "fine-
so be it".

I believe you will come off looking badly that you tried to make it seem like a hard working person did something wrong when the mistake was yours and that you did it over $20.

Sorry to ramble. I just feel very strongly about this one having been a waiter all through college and grad school and having managed a restaurant one summer.

Let it go.
 
I am so glad I posted this thread, now I feel like a real tight wad for even thinking about perusing this any further, thank-you posters I will take ya'alls advise
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top