• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

asphalt irrigation

New posts

emeraldcoastdav

Beach Lover
Does anyone know the phone number for the "irrigation" police. I drive 30a late night and early morning. I am constantly shot with misdirected streams of water intended for yards and shrubs. I often have my windows down making it a wet gauntlet. Their is so much "asphalt watering" going on it is almost sport to avoid the spray. At some locations it is like driving through a flash flood and could cause a wreck. Not to mention the environmental issues of dumping all this water.
 
Most irrigation water comes from private wells and is not culinary water.
 
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one peeved by this situation. But what pisses me off more is irrigating after heavy rain. :pissed:
 
Most irrigation water comes from private wells and is not culinary water.

I know. I got a good mouthful of it a couple of weeks ago.YUCK :funn:

Look on the bright side
1) it beats seeing brown grass up and down 30A
2) If you can't make it to the Seacrest fountain, you can get your sprinkler time in in the car
3) If your car needs cleaning, just add a little soap and voila, clean car.
:razz:
 
Last edited:
I know. I got a good mouthful of it a couple of weeks ago.YUCK :funn:

Look on the bright side
1) it beats seeing brown grass up and down 30A
2) If you can't make it to the Seacrest fountain, you can get your sprinkler time in in the car
3) If your car needs cleaning, just add a little soap and voila, clean car.
:razz:

except for the rust stains which will be left behind from all of the iron in the well water.

I like to roll with my windows down, and I always get blasted at the usual spots.
 
except for the rust stains which will be left behind from all of the iron in the well water.

I like to roll with my windows down, and I always get blasted at the usual spots.

I know, the mouthful I got driving by in the passenger seat was definitely hard water, quite smelly and did not taste good.
Those sprinkler heads break, and the well water will clog them up too.
They need constant maintenance.
Trying to make light of the situation. ;-)
 
The spray is often directed across the bike path, and not by accident! On a bike and sprayed with what smells like dirty toilet water is NOT a fun experience, but a common one! Please look out for us bikers trying to avoid being fouled!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top