• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

ATT cellular coverage in South Walton?

New posts

seal

Beach Lover
It seems ATT's coverage has changed in South Walton. I always drop calls now on 98 in the
Alys Beach/Camp Creek Golf Course area.

Has anyone else noticed changes, good or bad?
 
There's been talk for a long time about them adding a tower on the east end. One of the reps at the store told me the other day it was about to happen. I said OK and ordered Verizon.
 
It seems ATT's coverage has changed in South Walton. I always drop calls now on 98 in the
Alys Beach/Camp Creek Golf Course area.

Has anyone else noticed changes, good or bad?

AT&T has always been spotty down here, especially bad spots include Seaside and Grayton. Dead zones can be found on 30-A between Grayton and Redfish Village. Also dead zone near Borago. Also a big dead zone near Lake Powell/Inlet Beach. My AT&T phone might as well be a paperweight in Grayton/Seaside during summer. Your two remedies are to call AT&T and complain and they will give you a credit as well as a portable signal booster. Otherwise, follow Kurt's lead and go Verizon.
 
They offered to give me a microcell booster but I would have to go pick it up and install. When I asked to cancel without fee she waived the fee on one phone. So I'll come out ok when I sell them.
 
Last edited:
There actually is an AT&T tower on the east end. Its on the water tower near Alys Beach. From m experience with it, it has always been messed up. When you call 911, it sometimes puts your location far, far away from your actual location.
 
We have AT&T and it is horrible in bmb/grayton area- going to unlock our iPhones and move on to verizon- seems to be the best coverage around here.
 
Thanks for the feedback....

I have noticed that ATT signal strength overall as deteriorated in the past few months. It used to be fine, especially in the off season. In the summer, forget it; you may as well just put your phone in a drawer until mid August.
 
About a year ago, I called AT&T about the booster. I told them to look at my usage sax proof of how bad the service is in certain areas and at certain times. Funny how there are 6 calls back and forth in the same 3 minutes- all they had to do was look at this dropped called record. They sent a booster for free. It is currently not in use- didn't seem to work that great.
 
The kicker is they are opening up a new AT&T store next to Publix on 98. Gonna have some angry customers when they realize the service is horrible here. I find it the least reliable the minute I hit SanDestin, and once I'm in Destin, forget about it. No signal ever
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top