• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

auctions today

New posts

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
I heard that the Grayton Oasis property auctioned today for $515,000 with only the original builder and one other person bidding. They stole that property for that price, even with the 10% buyers' premium. That is less than $200/sf for a commercial property in the Grayton area. :shock:

414562_123535.jpg

It once last listed at $1.48M (mls 414652)
 
Last edited:
I heard that the Grayton Oasis property auctioned today for $515,000 with only the original builder and one other person bidding. They stole that property for that price, even with the 10% buyers' premium. That is less than $200/sf for a commercial property in the Grayton area. :shock:

414562_123535.jpg

It once last listed at $1.48M (mls 414652)

It's only a good deal if the buyer can find a business or businesses to rent the vacant space for $5,000 or more per month. That space has been vacant for quite some time and the former tenants did not appear to be very successful.
 
It's only a good deal if the buyer can find a business or businesses to rent the vacant space for $5,000 or more per month. That space has been vacant for quite some time and the former tenants did not appear to be very successful.
The former occupant/owner was trying to run a bakery and restaurant out of the building. If you know about restaurant marketing, you know the first three words are location, location, location.

I understand the other bidder was a doctor who was looking to move her practice. That location would be perfect for a doctor's office.
 
did the doctor get it? I think that's my doctor:clap_1:
 
Thanks SJ. I was curious about that property. I believe that it was once listed for $2.5 million.:idontno: Isn?t the selling price about the same as the asking price for vacant lots in the area?
 
Thanks SJ. I was curious about that property. I believe that it was once listed for $2.5 million.:idontno: Isn?t the selling price about the same as the asking price for vacant lots in the area?

Sorry about that. In the first post I made, which I can no longer edit, I transversed two numbers in the MLS #. The correct MLS number for the last time it was listed was 414562.

In April '05, the property first came on the market, listed at $2.5 M. The sellers went through three different agents before the auction, changing the price from $2.5M > $1.9M > $1.48M, before trying to lease it at $6450 per month. :eek:

The property is roughly .4 acres though I believe some of the back side may be wet (not sure), and yes, if you find a commercial or mixed use lot in the area of that size, you will have to pay around $400K-$500K to purchase it. As I said, the buyer stole it at that price.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top