• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

August 5 campaign contributions

New posts
How are you determining outsiders? Do property owners count as outsiders just because they have a home elsewhere, too? Do renters count as "insiders" because they live in Walton County even though they may not have the same tax investment in the County coffers? No offense meant, just curious. :dunno: Seems to be an awful lot of them and us in Walton County. It didn't used to be this way.

I use the address listed on each contributors info. If they own a second home here but list their address as "Birmingham" they would show as a "outside" contributor. I'm not a mind reader so I can't determine an exact answer.

A cursory look at the contributors list seems to show that most are not "owners" of property here.
 
I use the address listed on each contributors info. If they own a second home here but list their address as "Birmingham" they would show as a "outside" contributor. I'm not a mind reader so I can't determine an exact answer.

A cursory look at the contributors list seems to show that most are not "owners" of property here.
I might be surprised, but I'm guessing that a lot of those out of state addresses are people who own property here and very much care what decisions are made that affect Walton County. I have met so many people who tell me that they want to retire here, but just aren't able to yet because of the lack of jobs to support the real estate and cost of living. While they may be "outsiders" because they aren't living here full time, they certainly seem to have a vested interest in the County. It is hard for me to imagine that someone who isn't affected by our county government through either property ownership or business interest in Walton County would choose to help fund candidates out of their personal pocketbooks, but maybe it is so. Just one perspective.
 
Though interesting, I would have to see all the candidates before I would become stressed about that. Are we figuring the cost of the Our Generation mailings and Internet advertising?

Our generation has not contributed to their campaigns. They don't file campaign reports so NO Bob they aren't included.
 
I agree, but you at one time seemed to have put a number to the cost of those mailers, so I suppose we could guess that may have a significant impact how those numbers impact a couple of candidates.
 
No, Bob Wells. Soft, anonymous money was not included in determining who is spending the most money. I agree that taking the enormous expenditures by Our Generation into account might very well scramble the list of "biggest spenders" in two of the County Commission races.
 
I agree, but you at one time seemed to have put a number to the cost of those mailers, so I suppose we could guess that may have a significant impact how those numbers impact a couple of candidates.

I post verifiable data not "I thinks". It shows what the candidates have raised and where they raised the contributions.
 
No, Bob Wells. Soft, anonymous money was not included in determining who is spending the most money. I agree that taking the enormous expenditures by Our Generation into account might very well scramble the list of "biggest spenders" in two of the County Commission races.

I posted nothing about who's spending the most money Mike
 
Too defensive, Bob. My post wasn't directed to you. This thread was begun with info which indicated by an asterisk the candidates who were the top fundraisers in each race. My post was in keeping with the original topic of Glidewell.

Btw, I gave your post a rating of "informative" soon after you posted it, because it was, in fact, informative. I wasn't attacking you with my last post, simply making a separate point.
 
Not defensive at ALL Mike - stated a fact as you mingled two separate issues together. Danny's post had nothing to do with "spending" - his post dealt with Campaign Contributions.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top