• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Auto Mechanic Referrals needed

New posts
only 30 minutes? I guess you are a lot closer than me. It is a solid 50 minutes each way for me to get to the Honda dealer on 15th in PC. I make a day of it and stop by Hunt's on Beck Ave for a self-reward of a few dz raw oysters to ease my pain.
 
Grease Pro Express is on Back Beach Road near the Taco Bell at HWY 79.
 
I drive to the wonderful Super Lube in Tallahassee. They are wonderful!
 
Beach Technical is alot more reasonable in price...but they too tend to take there sweet time on fixing autos


Take thier sweet time? I'll say they took 3 months to get started on my car and then ask if they wanted me to take it to someone else. Then, two weeks later and almost $800 for installing a jumper wire to bypass the problem, I can drive it again. I had a similar problem with my other car, an $800 tune up, plugs, rotor, distributor cap, plug wires, air filter. Twice bitten, still bleeding.


I have heard good reports on Scotty's and will be going threr next week.
 
Last edited:
I have been going to Tuffy's in Destin for a couple years and have been pleased with them in terms of service, prices, etc. They let you schedule appointments for oil changes, (which I love) and my car is always ready when they say it will be.

I am woefully ignorant on car matters and female, so they could have ripped me off on some major repairs, but nothing has raised a red flag w/ anyone I've asked about it and I never feel like I'm being patronized or talked down to.
 
Somebody has praised Tuffy's here before.

Scotty's is awesome. I say this at the risk of them becoming too busy or raising prices. Tell Lenna that Kurt sent you and she will do nothing extra special for you. :lol:
 
Does anyone have any suggestions for auto glass replacement? Since it took the Mini dealership 8 business days to change my oil and whatever else they do for a routine scheduled service, I'm hesitant to take my car back there for anything remotely complicated. Plus, the drive through Mississippi on I-10 usually produces a ding or a crack. Is there a good auto glass place around?
 
Big 10 Tires is good with routine stuff....brakes etcetera. They actually charge a decent rate and won't charge if they don't find anything wrong.
It's hard to find a good place around here. I end up at the dealer more often than not and pay through the nose there. :angry:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top