• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Avocado recipes

New posts

DD

SoWal Expert
Gimme your best. I'm in a mood. :biggrin:
 
Sliced and each slice dipped in a tempura batter and fried. But it is hard to beat just pulling the pit out and filling that with mayo then salting and eating.
 
Funny you should mention avacados....I just made some quac at K & T's tonight...Mexican food!!! YUM!!!!

Honey...I love avacados with just plain lime juice, olive oil, salt & pepper!!
 
Sliced and each slice dipped in a tempura batter and fried. But it is hard to beat just pulling the pit out and filling that with mayo then salting and eating.

I love you. :clap::clap::biggrin:
 
Here is one that there were sampling at the store the other day (yummy):

Avocado & Shrimp Salad

1 small green pepper, small diced
1 small red pepper, small diced
1/2 small Serrano pepper, small diced
1/2 small sweet onion, small diced
1 T. fresh garlic, minced
1 medium avocado, pitted and small diced
1/2 C. lime or lemon juice
2 C sour cream (may use lite)
1 C. whipped cream cheese
2 T. ground cumin
3 T. chili powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1 lb. salad shrimp, cooked and peeled

In a bowl, combine peppers, onion, garlic, avocado and lemon; let ingredients rest for 10 minutes.

Meanwhile mix sour cream and cheese, cumin and chili powder and salt-pepper it to taste.

Combine both mixtures in a larger bowl, and add the shrimp to it. Mix well and serve over bib or iceberg lettuce for presentation.



When I make this I will probably add some cooked, cubed yukon Gold potatoes to it as well.
 
Thanks, Gypsea!!! This sounds wonderful!!:clap:
 
Chop advocado in bits; toss 3/4 of chunks into zip-loc plastic bag; add lime juice, garlic powder, salt, olive oil, cumin, finely chopped shallots, jalapeno and fresh cilantro (& dollop of sour cream if you like). Zip bag, massage with hands until mashed. Cut off corner of bag--squeeze into bowl, stir in the rest of the advocado chunks; adjust spices; scoop up with chips.
 
Can I just suck it out of the bag? :lol:
 
Add it to dinner salads. The 3-Thirty-1 used to do a wonderful and simple chicken-avacado-parmesan salad over mixed greens.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top