• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Backwards-driving bicyclist

New posts

Grayton Girl

Beach Fanatic
Did anyone else see this guy? He was riding a bicycle, but he was traveling backwards instead of forwards. In other words, he was facing the handle bars of the bike, but he was peddling backwards on 30-A.

I saw him at the Grayton intersection at about 4:10 p.m. He was headed west, but facing east (if you can make a mental picture). And he was right in the middle of the lane. One of my sons saw him travelling through Seaside.

A very strange sight.
 
How did he see where he was going? Did he have mirrors?

I knew a guy that ran and walked everywhere backwards, but the bike riding obviously requires a bit more talent. :lol:
 
Did anyone else see this guy? He was riding a bicycle, but he was traveling backwards instead of forwards. In other words, he was facing the handle bars of the bike, but he was peddling backwards on 30-A.

I saw him at the Grayton intersection at about 4:10 p.m. He was headed west, but facing east (if you can make a mental picture). And he was right in the middle of the lane. One of my sons saw him travelling through Seaside.

A very strange sight.

We where in PCB yesterday afternoon, and my buddy spotted the same thing riding past Dusty's on front beach road. Could this be the same guy or we are witnessing the start of a new trend???
 
I grew up with a friend of mine who would sit on the handle bars... facing the rear of the bicycle, but he would peddle the bike in the normal direction and the bike would go forward. Strange!!!!
 
This gentleman stopped by the restaurant last night for a bite to eat, and incidentally a place to camp over night. He told us that is riding across America backwards to raise awareness about HIV/AIDS and medical marijuana. He was on his way back from the keys, and I believe he started in VeniceBeach California…. Wow I could not ride that far forwards. He has a web site bikingbackwards.us
 
Last edited:
I his bike yesterday at the beach access by my house - and I saw him as well. There was a license plate on his bike stating about how he was riding backwards for hiv/aids awareness. I wonder how far he is going?
 
I saw him today at about 11:30 riding backwards on Hwy 98 near San Destin. He was going west but he was facing east. I wouldn't have believed my eyes if I hadn't read it here earlier in the day. It looks dangerous with all the cars speeding by and then everyone trying to get a double take at what the heck you just saw. I went by so fast that I couldn't see if he had mirrors to see where he was going but I did see him turn his head and look back. How does he avoid pot holes, etc. in the road?
 
11:00am he was on the bike path in the middle of where Allen Loop(s) empties...just a bit west of the Thumb..he was wide open too (GOING FAST).
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top