• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Banana ice cream

New posts
You should be able to find some banana flavoring on the baking isle, near the vanilla extract. If you are going to use bananas, I highly recommend using over-ripened banans, peel them, break them in half, freeze them. Then, when making your icecream, remove the frozen bananas and blend them in the blender or food processor prior to adding them to the cream, milk and sugar.
 
iwiwt using bb02 computer....

One of my favs:wub: :clap_1: I keep it simple....cream, milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and very ripe bananas. I tend to be a purist, so I do not add lots of other stuff. Have a big bowl for me!!!
 
I did not think about eggs. What about a teaspoon of lemon juice to wake it up a bit??
 
just an fyi, one thing we sometimes don't think about is raw eggs in ice cream. If you are serving to a pregnant woman , you might think about using an egg substitue (egg beaters) or something instead. We experimented w/ that during my last pregnancy and it was still just as good!!
 
You can use banana liquor, but note that since your freezer will not get cold enough to freeze it, you might have soupy ice cream. I would instead pour a little on top after you serve the ice cream. You might also want to throw a little brown sugar on top.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top