BeachSiO2
Beach Fanatic
I have a question about how a bank failure would work for let's say someone with 50k in joint checking and savings. I know they would be federally insured since its under 100k but I have a few questions.
Would your account be automatically frozen where you couldn't take your money out?
Would your money even be there? :shock:What would happen to outstanding checks?
Would they bounce?
How long would it take to actually GET your money if it is tied up? 
I really have no idea how this would work, but it reminds me of the old adage about having money in your pocket in case of a hurricane. Is this the same type of situation because I rarely have more than $50 in my pocket, it is usually all on the debit card. Thanks in advance for responses.
Would your account be automatically frozen where you couldn't take your money out?
Would your money even be there? :shock:What would happen to outstanding checks?
How long would it take to actually GET your money if it is tied up? 
I really have no idea how this would work, but it reminds me of the old adage about having money in your pocket in case of a hurricane. Is this the same type of situation because I rarely have more than $50 in my pocket, it is usually all on the debit card. Thanks in advance for responses.
