• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Bank Failures

New posts
"I give up.... "




You surrender too quickly.

As do many others in our "victim" society.

Too quick to act impetuously, too quick to acquiese

There is opportunity in the panhandle and elsewhere
but not necessarily today.

Be ready.

?If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend six hours sharpening my ax?

A. Lincoln (Former President and current dead guy)
 
I see opportunity knocking for those that waited.


I also agree that it is still too soon to jump in. Better to be a little late than too early in this type of down real estate market. Prices could easily fall a good bit more, but probably won't bounce back up too quickly when the market does eventually turn around.

JMHO
Flyguy



bingo - the downside of waiting is a lot less than the downside of jumping in early. as i say each year i am fortunate enough to get a raise - a 4% increase of not much is what do you know...not much.
 
"...Fun to watch? I have heard this attitude from a few people....what the hell is fun about it? Hardworking people getting laid off?


As I have posted elsewhere on this board, I have had one employer
go bankrupt and dissolve on me, and my wife has been permanently
laid-off from not one but TWO jobs.

Been there. Done that. Stayed finacially solvent

Besides, the problems with the whole real estate/ sub prime/alt-a/etc.
mess have not been, generally speaking, arrising from issues with
the termination of employement.



"...People losing their life savings in real estate? People relocating their families hoping for a better life only to end up in financial ruin.....Maybe you would enjoy dog fighting and midget tossing too. .."



I am against midget tossing. It is my understanding that the gold medalist
in midget tossing was on sterioids.

Perhaps if the midgets themselves used sterioids...




'...There seems to be an attitude from some that seems to enjoy seeing people fail, especially those who may have ridden the bubble to some success, only to have it explode under them..."


If you ride a bubble, and the bubble "pops," dropping you arse back
to planet Earth, I happen to think that is EXTREMEMLY funny.

If your "success" dissolves that easily, then it really wasn't "success,"
now was it?

No apologies.

Now, intermission is over and the show is starting anew....
You are the show!
 
"...You are the show! ..."



Now if I just could figure out a way to capitalize on it.

Perhaps an NPR radio program.

Something like, "A Repo Home Companion"
 
I'm the show? What an ass. You have no idea who I am, what I do, etc....and you assume that I am defending myself via some rant. I am not going to post my personal financials on here like some would, but I am fine, my point is that there seems to almost be a joyful attitude watching others suffer, and I do not understand it. I was only trying to fathom why someone would get their jollies watching others suffer, it is beyond me, but Karma is a *****.
 
Schadenfreude!! And Yellow Hammer I think you are mixing Bob's post with Capricious's and responding. Bob was saying Capricious is the show.
 
Last edited:
"...I'm the show? What an ass. ..."


I did not say that- someone else did.
Learn to read.




"..You have no idea who I am, what I do, etc....and you assume that I am defending myself via some rant..."




Hmm. YOU were the one attacking me.
Which I took with good humor.

Just where did you need to defend yourself against little ole me?




"I am not going to post my personal financials on here like some would, but I am fine"



Never said you were not. Where did this come from?




"..my point is that there seems to almost be a joyful attitude watching others suffer, and I do not understand it. I was only trying to fathom why someone would get their jollies watching others suffer, it is beyond me, but Karma is a *****.[/QUOTE]'


Just a year ago I would listen to people talk about the "killer deals"
that they had made in real estate.

Now their deals are killing them.

Do I think that's that funny?

You betcha.

Because it means that I just may be able to buy what I could
not conceive of buying a year or two ago.

It means the pennies I saved by not having cable TV or a cell
phone or a fancy new car or a big house or dinners out or etc.
etc. etc. are now going to allow me to do things that others
can not.

It means that the sacrifice is going to pay off.

And I am one happy camper.
 
A Repo Home Companion"

Hilarious! Perhaps the show could be set at a different auction or foreclosure each week ;-).

The comic potential of auctioning the pool table, dining set, and plasma TVs from the mobile home you posted .......

Financial fool of the week (sent in by listeners) wins a free consultation with a financial adviser and a copy of "you can't afford it stupid, the dummies guide to buying on credit" :roll:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top