• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Barking Dogs

New posts

FLSunChaser

Beach Lover
Does anyone know what to do when a neighbor has a bunch of dogs that bark all night long. They are fenced in the backyard, so animal control won't do anything, and the Walton County Sheriff Dept. says there isn't a noise ordinance restricting it. Other than tossing tainted meat their way, I'm at my wits end due to lack of sleep! Please help. . .I'll welcome anyone suggestions you may have.
 
Does anyone know what to do when a neighbor has a bunch of dogs that bark all night long. They are fenced in the backyard, so animal control won't do anything, and the Walton County Sheriff Dept. says there isn't a noise ordinance restricting it. Other than tossing tainted meat their way, I'm at my wits end due to lack of sleep! Please help. . .I'll welcome anyone suggestions you may have.
You can call my mean neighbor and get her to yell at them. She and the guy who lives with her yell at her own barking dogs all the time. :bang:
 
Last edited:
There is no solution, as far as I can see...sounds like you have checked every avenue...how awful that your neighbors are such irresponsible dog owners! :eek: I would be very angry, too! I wonder how they sleep through it?
My dad would have gotten an air gun and shot them each time they bark...it won't kill them but it sure hurts them....:blush:
White noise probably wouldn't help...barking dogs can be heard above just about anything:bang: Ear plugs may help...but they are so uncomfortable...plus what if you needed to hear other sounds :idontno:
 
Does anyone know what to do when a neighbor has a bunch of dogs that bark all night long. They are fenced in the backyard, so animal control won't do anything, and the Walton County Sheriff Dept. says there isn't a noise ordinance restricting it. Other than tossing tainted meat their way, I'm at my wits end due to lack of sleep! Please help. . .I'll welcome anyone suggestions you may have.

If you're like me, you're not into confrontation. But.....when your way of life is being changed by something like this, I would (very nicely) confront your neighbor and simply tell him/her this is a problem and you would be grateful if they could do something to remedy it. Ask them to bring their dogs inside at night or put them in the garage (if they have one).

Also, here is a neat invention that helps block out noise and help you sleep better. I've had one since college and can't sleep without it.

http://www.hammacher.com/publish/60586.asp
 
I want a sleep machine that is the sound of the waves....:wub:
I live on the main street into my subdivision, so I always hear lots of cars going by at 6:00 in the morning.

Talking to your neighbor is probably the best solution...I hate confrontation too, try to do it when you are at your calmest. Good luck!!!!
 
If you're like me, you're not into confrontation...JB

:floor:
 
ok...I know this nice Vietnamese family and with Thanksgiving coming up, maybe...oh..nevermind.
 
when you are woken by the dogs, just call the neighbor and wake them up. you can choose to have your caller id active or blocked. every time you are woken up, he gets woken up.
I like the way you think, John R.
I also like your new tar. I hope Olive sees it.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top