• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Barking Dogs

New posts
Let me offer you some advice, from the vault of 30-gAy?s personal opinions:

There are few problems that a good interior design solution can?t solve.

First, I would look into a bedroom makeover, specifically one which incorporates heavy drapes along the entire exterior wall of your bedroom so as to absorb sound. This can be a fabulous look.
155lucialane-009.jpg


Second, I would build a trellis somewhere along the property line between you and your neighbor. Plant it with vines, and it too will help reduce noise and will provide a visual screen.

Third, buy a vintage 1930?s era cocktail shaker. Use it to make yourself a martini every evening before bed, and you?ll sleep through anything.

Incidentally, my belief in Interior Design as the solution to all the world?s problems extends to international relations as well. I?ve been writing Condoleezza Rice repeatedly telling her to send the North Koreans some Ralph Lauren paint. I mean Jeez, if I lived in an all gray world, I would want to nuke somebody too.
 
Let me offer you some advice, from the vault of 30-gAy?s personal opinions:

There are few problems that a good interior design solution can?t solve.

First, I would look into a bedroom makeover, specifically one which incorporates heavy drapes along the entire exterior wall of your bedroom so as to absorb sound. This can be a fabulous look.
155lucialane-009.jpg


Second, I would build a trellis somewhere along the property line between you and your neighbor. Plant it with vines, and it too will help reduce noise and will provide a visual screen.

Third, buy a vintage 1930?s era cocktail shaker. Use it to make yourself a martini every evening before bed, and you?ll sleep through anything.

Incidentally, my belief in Interior Design as the solution to all the world?s problems extends to international relations as well. I?ve been writing Condoleezza Rice repeatedly telling her to send the North Koreans some Ralph Lauren paint. I mean Jeez, if I lived in an all gray world, I would want to nuke somebody too.

:floor: I'm a votin' for you 30GaY!!
 
There is a gadget I have seen for sale in the Sky Mall catalog that somehow or the other shuts-up the neighbor's dogs. You could always fry up a batch of hushpuppies:rolling:
 
There is a gadget I have seen for sale in the Sky Mall catalog that somehow or the other shuts-up the neighbor's dogs. You could always fry up a batch of hushpuppies:rolling:

:funn: :funn:
 
Are you my neighbor? :idontno:

Seriously, mine are all in at night but are capable of waking up the neighborhood even so. All it takes is for one to bark and they all chime in. :nono1: We are working on that.
 
Does anyone know what to do when a neighbor has a bunch of dogs that bark all night long. They are fenced in the backyard, so animal control won't do anything, and the Walton County Sheriff Dept. says there isn't a noise ordinance restricting it. Other than tossing tainted meat their way, I'm at my wits end due to lack of sleep! Please help. . .I'll welcome anyone suggestions you may have.
Walton County Sheriff's Dept. is wrong here. You are entitled to "quiet enjoyment of your home". Problem is, an attorney is going to be needed to prod the county or sue the homeowner. This will take time and money.
 
Walton County Sheriff's Dept. is wrong here. You are entitled to "quiet enjoyment of your home". Problem is, an attorney is going to be needed to prod the county or sue the homeowner. This will take time and money.

I was thinking along the same lines. Isn't there a point at which barking moves from "noise ordinance" to "public nuisance?" Which is whole different kettle of fish.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top