Mango
SoWal Insider
Let me offer you some advice, from the vault of 30-gAy’s personal opinions:
There are few problems that a good interior design solution can’t solve.
First, I would look into a bedroom makeover, specifically one which incorporates heavy drapes along the entire exterior wall of your bedroom so as to absorb sound. This can be a fabulous look.
![]()
Second, I would build a trellis somewhere along the property line between you and your neighbor. Plant it with vines, and it too will help reduce noise and will provide a visual screen.
Third, buy a vintage 1930’s era cocktail shaker. Use it to make yourself a martini every evening before bed, and you’ll sleep through anything.
Incidentally, my belief in Interior Design as the solution to all the world’s problems extends to international relations as well. I’ve been writing Condoleezza Rice repeatedly telling her to send the North Koreans some Ralph Lauren paint. I mean Jeez, if I lived in an all gray world, I would want to nuke somebody too.
See now I would take a different design stance in this situation which would be less costly. I would just pad all the walls in a lovely seafoam green and then buy a designer straight jacket.
Last edited: