• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Base floor paneling supply?

New posts
:clap:...the power of sowal.com! I am not sure why I looked on here, but glad I did.
 
Nope just regular baseboarding, 5 inch or so in a style I like. Home Depot didn't have much of a selection.

2-fl2.jpg

Is this your floor? I don't know where you got the picture, the floor is intriguing. Looks like the veining and color of Cypress but must be pine. What's the dark line? Looks like a machined edge, but matches up at the butt joint. ???
 
Sorry to jump in, but I thought that floor looked pretty cool too. The "gaps" can't be good for dirt, but they sure look neat. Kind of like ship planks. Maybe they're not gaps?

The flooring looks engineered (laminate), kind of has that "milky" finish. I'm building myself a house soon, and I'd like a floor like that.

Do tell...
 
Is this your floor? I don't know where you got the picture, the floor is intriguing. Looks like the veining and color of Cypress but must be pine. What's the dark line? Looks like a machined edge, but matches up at the butt joint. ???

Could be fir, maybe? I look at a lot of house porn :funn: and in the Pacific NW they use fir sometimes; looks like heart pine -- very honey colored.
 
Sorry to jump in, but I thought that floor looked pretty cool too. The "gaps" can't be good for dirt, but they sure look neat. Kind of like ship planks. Maybe they're not gaps?

The flooring looks engineered (laminate), kind of has that "milky" finish. I'm building myself a house soon, and I'd like a floor like that.

Do tell...

R U Seein' how that dark gap is so uniform, even at the butt joint? I think if it were conventional nail down the chance that it would space out like that "dead on" at the butt joint is a 1,000 to 1 chance. Gotta be something engineered. 30A's gonna leave us hangin'
 
R U Seein' how that dark gap is so uniform, even at the butt joint? I think if it were conventional nail down the chance that it would space out like that "dead on" at the butt joint is a 1,000 to 1 chance. Gotta be something engineered. 30A's gonna leave us hangin'

Maybe they're saw kerfs :lol: :idontno:. I'm gonna PM him!
 
OMG, I so totally missed the follow up. Sorry to be a bummer, but that picture came off a web site that sells baseboarding, it's not my house. I have no idea what the floor is made of.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top