• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

BCC buys parcel in Miramar

New posts
It's another case of our County going out of their way to impress their backwoods favoritism on someone's private business affairs. I know it sounds harsh, but these are the worst types of affront on American citizenry.

When you say, "Do you realize that we are the County?" I have to take exception. There are some who have been here longer than others who take different ownership of that statement than the newer settlers.

Please continue to bring these types of things to our collective attention. We need to know.


I just finished reading the transcript of the meeting where they decided to settle the suit and make the purchase. The suggestions were for it to be sold to DOT for a retention pond, stock it with fish, put affordable housing there. Along with suing a previous employee that I guess some feel are the cause of this mess. It did come out that there could literally be dozens of these same scenarios playing out over the next few years if something is not done. I get the impression that a Pensacola attorney has turned Walton County land decisions into a cottage industry.
 
I just finished reading the transcript of the meeting where they decided to settle the suit and make the purchase. The suggestions were for it to be sold to DOT for a retention pond, stock it with fish, put affordable housing there. Along with suing a previous employee that I guess some feel are the cause of this mess. It did come out that there could literally be dozens of these same scenarios playing out over the next few years if something is not done. I get the impression that a Pensacola attorney has turned Walton County land decisions into a cottage industry.

It's a boutique industry to sell assets to the Gov't. Some are very skilled in it.
It's one way to keep revenues up in this market.
 
Well if you look up the actual documents at the clerks office it sold for a whopping $10.00. Looks like the property appraisers website got it wrong or it's related to a donation transaction.

So the actual signed document that shows a price of $10.00 doesn't play into this at all and we all go about assuming that the county paid half a million for the property?
 
OK
Cindy Meadows did not want to give employees of the County a $700 pay increase because she thought this money should be returned to the taxpayer but we buy a peice of property that is removed from the tax rolls. I sure hope the commissioners will get off the buying spree, they also are/ were looking at a peice of property called the Natural Bridge area.
 
So the actual signed document that shows a price of $10.00 doesn't play into this at all and we all go about assuming that the county paid half a million for the property?


There was a civil case against these guys, but I can't find the original case in records. Looks like they turned the property over to Walton to settle a suit, which may have been for 550K. I don't think Walton paid for this property, I think they seized it.
 
There was a civil case against these guys, but I can't find the original case in records. Looks like they turned the property over to Walton to settle a suit, which may have been for 550K. I don't think Walton paid for this property, I think they seized it.

Roessler's corporation filed the civil case against Walton County in Oct. '07.

The County had given certain land use assurances to them. Later they were not permitted to use the property as intended and they sued the County. The County settled during discovery and as a part of settlement the County bought the property from Roessler's in August of this year.
 
Okay so to clarify this was negligence on the part of the county and not the BCC randomly purchasing property. I guess they are having a contest with the Sheriff to see who can blow the most money before leaving office?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top