And you have spoken to the commissioners to find out what happened here? I do not see the ties, but am willing to admit I am wrong if you can point to proof instead of supposition.
I didn't have to speak to the Commissioners regarding this issue to know, because Comm Brannon stated the reasons for his choice at the BCC Mtg. He stated he gave the project to the other bidder because "they were local and because they would do a good job." Being in the Good Ole Boy network doesn't always mean that people are corrupt, but I guarantee you that many people donate to campaigns hoping that they get a little more pull when it comes time for the candidate to vote on a decision involving the person or business donating.
IN NO WAY AM I SUGGESTING THAT THE COMPANY BEING GIVEN THE JOB BY THE BCC IS CORRUPT, nor do I see their business name on the list of Scott Brannon's contributors. I've tried my best to not even mention their name in my posts because
I think this particular situation has more to do with the BCC breaking its own rules for awarding bids. I will further add that I am 100% in favor of awarding bids to reputable local companies, which would keep more money and tax revenues in WalCo, even if the price came in higher, but within, let's say 1-2% of the low bid. However, don't publish the rules regarding the bids stating that the low bidder will be awarded the job. I'm no lawyer, but I'd think it would be fairly easy to create language which mentioned that the job would be awarded looking at collective information of the bidders, including but not limited to, amount of bid, previous comparable experience, other project completion times (ahead of schedule or behind), quality of previous jobs of similar nature, Walton County based business, etc.
You see, sometimes the Good Ole Boy network just means "keeping it local." However, in this case, where the BCC changed the Bidding Rules without publishing them up front, it appears that the Good Ole Boy network is filled with secret halls and passages and ends up appearing as though it is much more than the Commissioners trying to keep it local. It smells fishy. If you are going to make the rules, play by the rules.