Bdarg
Beach Fanatic
So you believe that someone has to be paid off to get into office? I am just asking the questions here. I do not have an opinion at this time either way. I was at the first meeting when their was a question about the percentage of the contract that was being subbed. Ryan Douglas was recommending not to give it to the low bidder because they did not respond to a letter. The low bidder stated he did not know anything about the letter, the BCC tabled the matter because Ryan did not have a copy of the letter with him.
As for why someone would want any elected job, my reason would be to try to change some of these things that are constantly being brought up because I find them very aggravating and frustrating. And, for the life of me, do not understand how government can be so inefficient at what it has to do.
The founding fathers devised our system of government to be highly inefficient. The inefficiency is built right in.
What is the old saying about if you want to get something done give it to the person that is swamped already. If you want to make sure something never gets done, give it to the largest committee that you can muster. Why else would congress have 435 members?
The founding fathers had the idea, more or less, that the inefficiency would bring about greater ideas and ideals, through thought, care and debate.
