austin78735
Beach Comber
Hi everyone,
We just arrived today from Texas and are staying in Seacrest Beach. We got in with the rain today, boo hoo! We walked down to the beach after the rain stopped tonight, and it looks a lot different than it did last summer when we visited. What happened to the blue water? The water here, at least the part where we are, is an ugly green and it stinks! There is also quite a bit of slimy stuff (is that the Junegrass discussed below?). I am guessing that's what making the water green and stinky. Is it like that all up and down 30-A? We drove 2 days to get here and are disappointed that it's nothing like it was last summer. We are willing to drive a little ways to a public beach if it means pretty water and sand (even the sand here is not the white that I remember...more like gray). Does anyone have any recommendations on where to go? I certainly don't want to sound like I am putting down SoWal--we love it here and that's why we drove 14 hours to get here...just wanted our vacation to be everything it was last year.
Thanks so much!
We just arrived today from Texas and are staying in Seacrest Beach. We got in with the rain today, boo hoo! We walked down to the beach after the rain stopped tonight, and it looks a lot different than it did last summer when we visited. What happened to the blue water? The water here, at least the part where we are, is an ugly green and it stinks! There is also quite a bit of slimy stuff (is that the Junegrass discussed below?). I am guessing that's what making the water green and stinky. Is it like that all up and down 30-A? We drove 2 days to get here and are disappointed that it's nothing like it was last summer. We are willing to drive a little ways to a public beach if it means pretty water and sand (even the sand here is not the white that I remember...more like gray). Does anyone have any recommendations on where to go? I certainly don't want to sound like I am putting down SoWal--we love it here and that's why we drove 14 hours to get here...just wanted our vacation to be everything it was last year.
Thanks so much!