• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Beach contamination in Seagrove

New posts
The darker sand will be bleached by the sun and anyway it will be covered with the whiter sand by the owners. The county is right to leave it up to the owners to fix things like after Opal.
 
EZ4144 said:
The darker sand will be bleached by the sun

Oh, yes. And I'm sure the sun will turn it into fine bits of quartz too! :roll:

Sorry, but you are an example of why the county NEEDS to regulate these things.
 
EZ4144 said:
The darker sand will be bleached by the sun and anyway it will be covered with the whiter sand by the owners. The county is right to leave it up to the owners to fix things like after Opal.
Yes, the homeowners are supposed to top it off with even whiter sand, but all of that sand and the dirt underneath will be washed onto the beaches in June. By the way, it will not bleach to be white in the Sunshine.
 
Now that all the sand and dirt has been dumped--one can't unring that bell. It would be like picking fly poop out of pepper. Before dawn today, there's a hell of a storm making its way along the coast that will mix the colors up pretty good.

The Law of SoWal: When comes down to sand and money--green will ALWAYS trump white.
 
EZ4144 said:
The darker sand will be bleached by the sun and anyway it will be covered with the whiter sand by the owners. The county is right to leave it up to the owners to fix things like after Opal.

I lived here througth Opal. You cannot compare the two. This did not happend after Opal. No dirt was dumped on the beach. Plus, this erosion was not as prevelant.

You just cannot compare this year to Opal. Plus, Money was not the color of Brown then.
 
Those photos really look nasty. Why wouldn't the county commissioners (other than one) take this seriously and enforce it? Where does the TDC stand on this? I know this is a touchy statement, but if the sand color standard isn't enforced by officials, is there any case for a lawsuit to prevent people from ignoring the code and damaging county property by putting in darker sand? As far as I know, I can't do anything to my home that damages the homes/property next door or the town property.
 
Paula said:
Those photos really look nasty. Why wouldn't the county commissioners (other than one) take this seriously and enforce it? Where does the TDC stand on this? I know this is a touchy statement, but if the sand color standard isn't enforced by officials, is there any case for a lawsuit to prevent people from ignoring the code and damaging county property by putting in darker sand? As far as I know, I can't do anything to my home that damages the homes/property next door or the town property.

The County Commissioners say that it is not there duty to monitor the sand. They simple set the rules. As for a lawsuit for something that may happen in the future, I have not heard of suing for damages prior to the damage occuring.
 
Oh SJ I think the damage is done.

Isn't it the commissioners' job to make sure that code enforcement does its job? :bang: :bang: :bang:
 
TooFarTampa said:
Oh SJ I think the damage is done.

Isn't it the commissioners' job to make sure that code enforcement does its job? :bang: :bang: :bang:
Agree with the previous comments--we're screwed. By the way, you don't sue for damages, since damages would be an inadequate remedy. You bring an action in equity, seeking a temporary restraining order or injunction.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top