• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Beach front handicapped accessible rental

New posts

ameliaj

Beach Fanatic
My brother-in-law is confined to a wheelchair. He and his wife love to spend a two or three weeks on 30a each year. They currently have a wonderful beachfront handicapped accessible condo that they rent in High Pointe that is perfect for them, but they would love to have another option in case this unit is not available. He is very mobile and needs only the minimal handicapped accessible features. If his wheelchair can roll up beside it (tub, shower, toilet, bed, etc.) it would be functional for him.
 
The best time to find something suitable would probably be early December when most rental units are empty so that he can actually go in them and look at them. Unfortunately most vacation homes do not have handicap accessories unless the owner or member of the owners family needs them.

I know that there is only one house in WaterColor and Water Sound that will be fully handicap accessible if built. Unfortunately it will be a full time residence.
 
I would call the Beaches of South Walton TDC and see if they have any information on accessible units. Their # is 800 822-6877 or www.beachesofsouthwalton.com. Good luck.
 
The best time to find something suitable would probably be early December when most rental units are empty so that he can actually go in them and look at them. Unfortunately most vacation homes do not have handicap accessories unless the owner or member of the owners family needs them.

I know that there is only one house in WaterColor and Water Sound that will be fully handicap accessible if built. Unfortunately it will be a full time residence.

Thanks for your reply. My sister-in-law and I did spends 4 or 5 days looking in the Seacrest area and that's when we found the High Pointe condo. We will continue to look.
 
Thanks for the suggestion. I will give it a try.

If all else fails ask them for the phone number for a few of the "bigger" rental agencies in that area. I am thinking Resortquest, Beach Rentals of South Walton, Emerald Sun, Garrett Realty, and Seagrove on the Beach Realty have properties in that area. I hope it helps.
 
I believe the condos at Watersound are accessible. Also, if you rent through the WaterSound rental agency, you can use the Beach Club, which I think has a special "beach wheelchair" that's available. You should confirm this with Watersound if it's of interest to you.

http://www.watersoundvacations.com/

800-413-2363
 
Thanks everyone!:clap: I knew you would tag in. I've never seen a beach wheelchair. I'm going to check in to that.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top