• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Beach @ One Seagrove Place

New posts

Cottontop

Beach Comber
What is the condition of the beach @ One Seagrove place. We are going down Oct 10. From all I am reading about erosion,red tide, dead fish, rip currents, I'm beginning to wonder if it will be a wasted trip.With gas prices what they are I sure hope not.
 
I went down yesterday for a quick fix and it wasn't at all bad at PCB. A little dead fishy smell here and there but the beach (at Lookout in PCB anyway) had been raked clean of apparently everything. Watch out for gas and fill up when you see it.
 
Cottontop said:
What is the condition of the beach @ One Seagrove place. We are going down Oct 10. From all I am reading about erosion,red tide, dead fish, rip currents, I'm beginning to wonder if it will be a wasted trip.With gas prices what they are I sure hope not.

Fishing might not be good but the beach is nice. There is some peat and stumps exposed at OSP. I haven't noticed any red tide lately but the water is pretty murky.

DSCN4289.jpg
 
kurt said:
Fishing might not be good but the beach is nice. There is some peat and stumps exposed at OSP. I haven't noticed any red tide lately but the water is pretty murky.

Wow...that looks better than I expected! :clap_1: Thanks for the great photo, Kurt!
 
kurt said:
Fishing might not be good but the beach is nice. There is some peat and stumps exposed at OSP. I haven't noticed any red tide lately but the water is pretty murky.

DSCN4289.jpg

BTW, what makes the water murky or brownish color during Red Tide? :idontno: I've got some assumptions but would like to know the real reason.

TIA (thanks in advance). ;-) :cool:
 
wetwilly said:
BTW, what makes the water murky or brownish color during Red Tide? :idontno: I've got some assumptions but would like to know the real reason.

TIA (thanks in advance). ;-) :cool:

I'm not sure. It may be from the Red Tide itself but I don't remember seeing it before. It may just be muddy from high surf and winds. I haven't been on the beach much the last 2 weeks or so and I'm not in tune.
 
gorgeous pix Kurt! It looks a lot better than when we were there in late July-early August (the condo where we stay is very close to there--lots more peat was showing when we were there.)
wish I could be there now!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top