• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Beach Restoration - Crystal Beach

New posts

Beachlover2

Beach Fanatic
While this isn't Sowal - I was at Crystal Beach last Friday - Saturday. Beach renourishment started up last Friday there. Right after the second load was brought in from the barge (about 8:30 pm)- one of the bulldozers sunk up to the drivers chest in the sand. They had to break a window to get him out. A second bulldozer went in to prevent the first from tipping over and possibly get buried entirely. It took them all night and well into Saturday morning to dig out the two bulldozers. I am sure they are being rebuilt right now - doubt if they started up after being buried almost to the roof. They also said that they had already caught and released one loggerhead. It really is quite interesting to watch the whole operation. Take a trip down there and check it out if you didn't see the first one in Sandestin-Miramar area.
 
Hi!

I was planning on staying at Crystal Sands from May 26-May 30. Do you know how close the beach renourishment is to this condo? And when is it expected to be close by? Also, how will the noise affect our stay? Although I have never experienced beach renourishment, I have seen pictures and I really do not want to be caught in the middle of that mess. Any information is greatly appreciated!
 
Hi!

I was planning on staying at Crystal Sands from May 26-May 30. Do you know how close the beach renourishment is to this condo? And when is it expected to be close by? Also, how will the noise affect our stay? Although I have never experienced beach renourishment, I have seen pictures and I really do not want to be caught in the middle of that mess. Any information is greatly appreciated!

Your best bet is to call City of Destin at (850)837-4242 for the most detailed information and timing. Here is their project website, that covers the location and has an FAQ.

http://www.cityofdestin.com/index.php?src=gendocs&ref=BeachRestoration_CB_MAIN1&category=Main
 
SandestinBeachRestorationWEB.jpg


photo by Scott Jackson. More info and pics here.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top