seacrestkristi
Beach Fanatic
Thanks for the info, SJ.
singinchicken, I'm glad your friend made it out alive!
singinchicken, I'm glad your friend made it out alive!
singinchicken, I'm glad your friend made it out alive!sowalgaboi, regarding costs of DVD's, copying 5000 DVDs shouldn't be too expensive, less than $2 each, and could be much less when purchased in bulk. Compare that to the expense of the emergency response team to respond to one drowning victim, and you will see that the costs decrease for every victim not needing to be rescued. I bet the emergency room bill for one person would also be pricey. The DVD costs could also be offset with advertising dollars, making it no cost. Remember, the TDC is funded from bedtax dollars and the tourists are paying for their own DVDs.
When they get the expanded four lane toll bridge built, maybe they could hand out pamphlets on how to escape and survive rip currents. You would have a captured audience for the next five minutes, prior to them hitting the beach.
I have always wondered why "victims" who go out when a red or double red flag is flying are not charged for the cost of rescuing them?