• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Beach Signs

New posts

millseynz

Beach Lover
This sign has just been put up at my beach access, and there was a survey crew along the beach in front of the Retreat. It's just so sad to me, these people are tearing away the very beauty they want so badly to keep private. To add insult to injury I am a member of the association who put the sign up and had no idea about it. I wish there was more of a compromise solution to what is becoming a very sad beach view for us all!

image-3991426834.jpg
 
Last edited:
Exactly how does a public walkway lead to a private beach?

The county needs to nip this crap in the bud!
 
Misleading and I think basically a scare tactic, probably a flat out lie. Whats wrong with these people? Bad neighbors here in Blue Mountain. Maybe they can claim the air is their's too?
 
It is both, a scare tactic and a lie. The Retreat security guards were not active over the Memorial Day weekend as far as I know, and I haven't seen any dedicated Blue Mountain Inn guards for some time. But I suspect a showdown may becoming, especially if they had a survey crew out there. This is an old, tired issue rearing its ugly head again. We non-Retreat and Inn people have been told by WCSO that they don't want the guards harassing beachgoers, period. I think the only folks who think this is a good idea live at the Retreat. And rarely use the beach, by the way. To be continued....
 
I've complained about this issue for several years. Code Enforcement, Sheriff's office and the BCC do nothing! It is beyond my comprehension how the county can enforce a signage control on our scenic highways but cannot enforce the same ordinance on our beaches. BTW, this happens every year about this time. The signs are an abomination!
 
It's a "Private Beach" untill a storm takes it away.............then...........It's the "Publics Duty" to restore it to a "Private Beach" again.:sarc:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top