• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Beach Treasure

New posts
PICT1664.JPG


I found 2 sand dollars one day and another the next at Grayton S.P. I also found a few other little shells. All in the shallow water near the shore. 2 small sand dollars were just floating and the large one was partially buried. I'm too chicken to venture out too far. My step dad and hubby saw several big rays and on the day I started to go out deeper I saw one jelly fish then another and another for a total of 6. I was just fine in the shallow. :lol:
 
Last edited:
I have never had luck finding sand dollars. People all around me can pluck them up so easily. Grrr ! I should go to Sanibel Island sometime and try my luck there.

Nice photo!
 
Maybe we actually have to get up out of our beach chairs? :floor:
 
:rofl:
Sunny Daze said:
Maybe we actually have to get up out of our beach chairs?

:floor:
Now I gave you instructions....shallow surf at Grayton S.P.

Sanibel is where we found tons of live ones. I loved it there. Shelling is one of my favorite things to do. We had thought about doing the Shell Island tour but my family ended up visiting and they weren't into that. We went on a dolphin tour 2 years ago and they go to SI for an hour or so. That wasn't long enough because we were finding all kinds of stuff and didn't want to leave. The shuttle is probably a better idea. Maybe next time. After driving to Destin last week it kind of makes me not want to see Panama City ever again though.
 
Ocean Lover said:
I found 2 sand dollars one day and another the next at Grayton S.P. I also found a few other little shells. All in the shallow water near the shore. 2 small sand dollars were just floating and the large one was partially buried. I'm too chicken to venture out too far. My step dad and hubby saw several big rays and on the day I started to go out deeper I saw one jelly fish then another and another for a total of 6. I was just fine in the shallow. :lol:

I bet it your treasure hunt was much more exciting than driving to a shell store in Panama City Beach.
 
RiverOtter said:
We would find them just laying on the beach in Sanibel and Captiva :cool:

We used to find tons of small, silver dollar sized ones out on the sandbars where the sharks are. We used to snorkel paralell to the bars and scoop up a few. I haven't looked for them in a while. :shock:
 
Smiling JOe said:
I bet it your treasure hunt was much more exciting than driving to a shell store in Panama City Beach.

Oh yeah, if my feet could have handled it I would have walked for hours treasure hunting.I found several peices of some kind of corroded metal....could have been very dangerous for feet, I saw lots of those little styrofoam cubes, hair bands, beer cans and tops. Over all I was impressed with the clean up from Dennis.
 
Ocean Lover said:
Oh yeah, if my feet could have handled it I would have walked for hours treasure hunting.I found several peices of some kind of corroded metal....could have been very dangerous for feet, I saw lots of those little styrofoam cubes, hair bands, beer cans and tops. Over all I was impressed with the clean up from Dennis.

styrofoam cubes --From septic tanks on the beach.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top