The devil is in the details. How will it be enforced? The track record for equally enforcing ordinances is not so good. How much will it cost? Will lack of competition impact prices and quality of services? Will lack of services at the smaller accesses create more junk left on the beach? How will this effect the availability of jobs for high school/college age individuals? I am not opposed to standards, I just wonder are we going too far with this proposal.
I have a suggestion. Allow no chair set-ups on public beaches or limit such to only one or two vendors. Those set up on private beaches such as Adagio, are controlled by the individual enities. They only allow those vendors to set up that they approve, as far as I am aware. At my complex, the individual renters can call advertiised vendors for services.
have the new rules been posted yet some where. ThanksSeems as if this ordinance is similar to using a chain saw to perform brain surgery. It will create more problems than it solves.