• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Beach vendor ordinance

New posts

SUP Boarder

Beach Lover
I think I understand the beach vendor ORDINANCE for beach chair set ups at regional beach accesses where there is a defined area or zone of operation on the specific beach. So I'm looking for clarification re: the following excerpt:

ORDINANCE 2022-02
Sec. 22-60. - Beach vendors.
(b)(1)...A vendor that is providing goods or services for use on the beach that does not have a defined area of the beach may only deliver the goods or services to the beach but may not engage in vending from the beach.


Does this imply that a beach vendor may set up chairs at a neighborhood access, for example, where there may be only a small parcel of public beach? I suspect it does because the ORDINANCE further states...

(d)(3)e. at Walton County owned or maintained beach parcels must allow for private set up space;

But this does not specify how much of the small parcel of public beach they can use (50%, etc). I believe Code Compliance requires you to submit a violation report before they will answer(?) Just looking for clarification on this.
 
So the first one means they can't be delivering chairs and stick around to sell more setups.

The second one sounds like the vendors are starting the county what they can and can't do.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top