• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

beach wedding!

New posts

jml-jdh

Beach Comber
Hi! My fiance' and I are from Tennessee and are planning to get married in Sept. on the beaches of South Walton. I love the beach and am fairly familiar with the area all the way from Pensacola to Panaman City. I have seen pictures of many beautiful pavilions in SeaSide and would love to have the ceremony in front of one of them. The Tupelo beach pavilion is my favorite. Does any one know if you have to reserve them? Is there a fee? It will only be my fiance and I, no spectators.
 
jml-jdh said:
Hi! My fiance' and I are from Tennessee and are planning to get married in Sept. on the beaches of South Walton. I love the beach and am fairly familiar with the area all the way from Pensacola to Panaman City. I have seen pictures of many beautiful pavilions in SeaSide and would love to have the ceremony in front of one of them. The Tupelo beach pavilion is my favorite. Does any one know if you have to reserve them? Is there a fee? It will only be my fiance and I, no spectators.
a fee :floor: you have no idea. call 231-2222
 
Jessifunn... :roll:

There probably is a hefty fee so having it on the beach is another option.
 
Seaside can provide you with a storybook wedding for a price. You will have to talk with them to see what arrangements you can make and at what cost.

There are alternatives, including homes and Inns on or near the beach that would provide an alternate venue in case of bad weather.

http://graytonbeach.com/weddings-events.html
 
Thanks Kurt! I guess I'll have to hire a wedding planner to figure all this out for me. I go from :idontno: to :bang: ! Kind of hard to make arrangements from TN! Do you live in FL? It's my life long dream to live on the beach. If not, I think I'll have my ashes sprinkled there!!!
 
Of course, I have to weigh in here ;-)

We looked into getting married at Seaside (and this was 11 years ago). In the final analysis, it was cheaper for us to have a big wedding (400 guests, open bar, food out the wazoo) in Tuscaloosa than it was to have a small gathering for 20-30 at Seaside.

Kurt's ideas are good ones. Rent a big monster gulf front house and get married on the beach in front. Hire a good planner to work out the myriad of details that you will face.
 
JB said:
We looked into getting married at Seaside (and this was 11 years ago). In the final analysis, it was cheaper for us to have a big wedding (400 guests, open bar, food out the wazoo) in Tuscaloosa than it was to have a small gathering for 20-30 at Seaside.

That seems pretty obnoxious. Even in the off-season?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top