• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Beachcrest or One Seagrove Place??

New posts
We generally stay in a condo in a smaller complex around that area.
Just my opinion, but I prefer not staying in the "high-rise" buildings, the beach is always more crowded near them. But if that's what you like, then it's good.
We've stayed for the past couple of years in Beachside Condos.. some units are nicer than others, but the pool is always clean and quiet, and the beach isn't as busy as in some parts. Also, we go in August, when the company that we rent from considers it "fall", so it's cheap.. 2 BR, 2 BA gulf front is $750.
Good luck!
 
We've stayed in OSP 11 years in a row. Each condo is decorated differently but they are all in good shape or OSP takes them off the rental program. Some of our friends have stayed in Beachcreast but most come back to OSP. Check out their website.
 
I've often wondered...

Why would someone choose an older condo over a newer cottage :idontno:

(with price and location being equal)

Both projects have nice units that have been well-maintained over the years
_________________________________
 
Because it is what they are use to. Why risk that, when I know what this is like. :idontno: Sometimes several families go together and they can each stay in their own condo, yet in the same building. Unlike me, many people like high rises, good views and usually more for their children to do. Plus, there is alot to be said for having the rental office in the condo building where you are staying. Just my thoughts.;-)
 
I do not own in either place - but I have a couple of units off of Old 98 that we have owned for over 8 years. I think half of our rentals come from repeat families. I get so many nice notes sent to me about the new couch - or tile floor - or new appliances. More than one person has told me they consider that place to be theirs as well. This is what I work for - hopefully if they want to keep coming back - they will take better care of it. It makes spending our vacation down there painting or working around the places almost worth it when people notice and appreciate the work you have done year after year. I hope not everyone wants a new place - because then I am screwed!!!!
 
Unplugged said:
I've often wondered...

Why would someone choose an older condo over a newer cottage :idontno:

(with price and location being equal)

Both projects have nice units that have been well-maintained over the years
_________________________________

Maybe for the same reason we go to Grayton every year- we like the location, the beach, the 'hood, the "vibe". We like staying in older cottages - you can almost feel the memories in some of them. And they "smell" like the beach. Kinda like the old bumper stickers from Pawley's Island- "Elegantly Shabby". We have stayed in a few places that were straight off the Pottery Barn pages and they were nice, but didn't get any extra enjoyment out of them due to their newness. Newer places tend to be set up a bit better for multiple families (like eveyone having their own bathroom), but tend to not have that well-worn, lived in charm. However, in 10 years, the newer places will be considered "old" anyway!

This year we are in an older up/down duplex, because it is just us and we have some good friends with small kids next door. Last year we had a large house with a pool in the backyard (probably won't do that again until the kids are teens- it was a pain). A few years we have been in the "monster" houses with other families or my mom. Just depends on the year, who's there, cash flow that year, etc....We are actually looking forward to a small place and just us (and a good friend for a few days of the week)- less space for everyone to spread out their junk, so less work for me!!
 
I couldn't agree more Jenay! I like for whatever we rent to be updated, nice ... and clean, but honestly some of these beach homes are so beautiful they don't in the least look or feel like beach houses.
 
Beachlover2 said:
I do not own in either place - but I have a couple of units off of Old 98 that we have owned for over 8 years. I think half of our rentals come from repeat families. I get so many nice notes sent to me about the new couch - or tile floor - or new appliances. More than one person has told me they consider that place to be theirs as well. This is what I work for - hopefully if they want to keep coming back - they will take better care of it. It makes spending our vacation down there painting or working around the places almost worth it when people notice and appreciate the work you have done year after year. I hope not everyone wants a new place - because then I am screwed!!!!

I had a lady contact me about our place in Seacrest Beach. I only had one week left so I was happy to answer any questions she had. After 42 minutes of questions. All of which were on my website she found me on, she asked me how old it was. It was built in 2001. She told me very haughtily that was way too old. Said she was very picky and usually spent the whole first day cleaning, regardless of how spotless the rental was. :idontno: She said she would never rent anything as old as my place. :idontno:
I just hung up, shook my head. Go figure!
 
Beach Greetings!:welcome:

I own a unit at One Seagrove Place and am happy to tell you that our complex is where you need to spend your time by the sea. Of course, I am biased!:clap_1:

While each unit is a bit smaller than Beachcrest, they are very open and have a spacious feel. I have just renovated and have new appliances in the kitchen and new upholstered pieces in other areas. It isn't your typical "beachy" unit by any means. Check it out on our website: www.oneseagroveplace.com. We are unit #101. Take the visual tour!
Or, call 1-800-368-9100 and ask for unit #101.:cool:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top