Smiling JOe
SoWal Expert
too windy and sandy to get any shots. I am sure my camera is a bit damaged from just exposing it to the sand. Not much to report really, because my walk was rather short. Ever walked in a dessert with a wet, spongy floor? that is exactly what it felt like. I took a couple of short videos which I will try to post later, so that you can see the stregth of the east>west push. Any white sand around was/is blowing down the beach. I saw very little on any of the fake dunes. As BeachSteelers reported, several seawalls were never covered over by the sand to begin with, and I believe these are the ones which Bobby was refering to when he said the water was hitting the seawalls. I guess it had calmed by the time I arrived, because the water wasn't coming in quite that high. Plenty of trash flying around and plenty of shoes being burried in the sand. Saw a few piles of beach equipment under some walkovers, and anything that was left on the beach must be floating west to at least Oyster Lake outflow. Wind is really hard on the beach, not much different than some of the storms we had last year. The currents are strong, both red flags are flying high, yet I still saw swimmers out in the water up to their waist.

and I think you will get quite a few responses here. I have no comments. Good or Bad.