• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Beachside Condos - Just booked

New posts

akguise

Beach Comber
Hey there Beach fanatics! Our family (me, hubby and three year old daughter) just booked our upcoming SoWal vacation and will be hitting the sands April 15th - just in time for Easter. Has anyone stayed at the Beachside Condos before? Our condo looks cute online but I was wondering how they are in person. Also, for all of you parents out there that have visited, could you post some of your favorite(s) activities/restaurants that might be a hit with our family! I live in San Antonio, Texas, ever been? It's a great city but the Texas beaches are a JOKE! Our drive will be about 12 hours but I'd drive double that to see white sands and clear water again!

I can't wait to get there - we soooooooooo need a vacation!
 
Last edited:
:welcome: Check out the Favorite restaurants thread and the Top Ten thread at the top of this forum. There are many many suggestions there. Two things we never miss when we visit Sowal are the Red Bar and Grayton Beach.
 
:welcome: Tex! As you know, the drive is worth it!
 
I'm an owner of a Beachside condo, and I've loved it for the 12 years I've owned. It's a great location, and of course, right on the beach. Which unit are you getting?
 
akguise said:
Also, for all of you parents out there that have visited, could you post some of your favorite(s) activities/restaurants that might be a hit with our family! I live in San Antonio, Texas, ever been? It's a great city but the Texas beaches are a JOKE!
:welcome:
I was born and raised on the Texas Gulf Coast, and used to think going to Galveston was heaven. I would never have dreamed there was something like the South Walton beaches on the same body of water!

San Antonio is a truly great city. Is La Fogata still there? Mi Tierra? I used to have a weekend place on Canyon Lake and spent many an hour on the Riverwalk.

Oh well, we live here in paradise now. As far as activities, my daughter just loves going to the beaches, and eating at Fudpuckers, or Red Bar, or Cafe 331, or Buster's (if Giggles The Clown is there). Biking the trail on 30a is fun, or renting jet skis, or a pontoon boat, or parasailing.

Have fun.
 
San Antonio is a truly great city. Is La Fogata still there? Mi Tierra? I used to have a weekend place on Canyon Lake and spent many an hour on the Riverwalk.

Yes, we moved here almost three years ago from Virgina (also a state with some nice beaches) and really like San Antonio. La Fogata and Mi Tierra are both still here and very popular with the locals and tourists too! The Riverwalk is a highlight of the city and is so much fun, we can't get enough of it; especially when it was lit up for Christmas. Canyon Lake is also a favorite spot of ours and we visit a few times each summer, although we've never stayed there. Thanks so much for your tips on family friendly hot spots, I appreciate it and CAN'T WAIT to dig my toes into real sand again.
 
Last edited:
PEARL said:
I'm an owner of a Beachside condo, and I've loved it for the 12 years I've owned. It's a great location, and of course, right on the beach. Which unit are you getting?

We booked Beachside Condo unit 21 - it's a one bedroom and with just the three of us it is a perfect size. Our daughter is going to love sleeping on the bunkbeds, she will get such a kick out of that. We had originally planned on staying at Beachcrest Condos but they didn't have anything smaller than two bedrooms and we were able to get a better rate for just one at Beachside. We worked with Garrett Realty and they said unit 21 was just redone and it looks adorable from the online pictures. Honestly, I could sleep on a beach chair and be perfectly happy. Our daughter had open heart surgery this year (she is 100% recovered and perfect) but after going through that we are just grateful to get away together as a family! I just wanted to see what other people thought of Beachside since I am taking the word of the sales lady.

What unit do you own? How are the beaches looking? Thanks for the post!!
 
akguise said:
We booked Beachside Condo unit 21 - it's a one bedroom and with just the three of us it is a perfect size. Our daughter is going to love sleeping on the bunkbeds, she will get such a kick out of that. We had originally planned on staying at Beachcrest Condos but they didn't have anything smaller than two bedrooms and we were able to get a better rate for just one at Beachside. We worked with Garrett Realty and they said unit 21 was just redone and it looks adorable from the online pictures. Honestly, I could sleep on a beach chair and be perfectly happy. Our daughter had open heart surgery this year (she is 100% recovered and perfect) but after going through that we are just grateful to get away together as a family! I just wanted to see what other people thought of Beachside since I am taking the word of the sales lady.

What unit do you own? How are the beaches looking? Thanks for the post!!
We own Beachside #11, a 2 bedroom. #21 is a good one, with a great view, I believe. The beach there looks really good, too, though a seawall is being built right next door. Should be done before you arrive in April.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top