• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Beacons

New posts

Mossy1

Beach Comber
We are headed to the Beacons for a week in Mid July. Just wondering if anyone could share some info as to what damage was sustained there from the hurricaines last year and how the repairs are turning out to the beaches. We have stayed there several times in the past, but have not been there the last 2 years. Thanks for any info.
 
Mossy1 said:
We are headed to the Beacons for a week in Mid July. Just wondering if anyone could share some info as to what damage was sustained there from the hurricaines last year and how the repairs are turning out to the beaches. We have stayed there several times in the past, but have not been there the last 2 years. Thanks for any info.


Missy,

There was no damage at the Beacons. We were on the beach with a friend that owns there a month ago and they are really looking good.

Of course you might ask later in the week to see what Alberto does. Sometimes storms bring sand in sometimes it takes it out.
But all in all, the Beacons are looking good right now.
 
Mossy 1...if you haven't been there in two years I think you will be shocked as to how much of the dunes are gone, I know I was last year....we had a group staying in the Paradise Too subdivision and in the Beacons, I couldn't belive the change in the beach......just my honest opinion....send me your e-mail and I will foward you some pics from last summer.
 
seagrovelover said:
Mossy 1...if you haven't been there in two years I think you will be shocked as to how much of the dunes are gone, I know I was last year....we had a group staying in the Paradise Too subdivision and in the Beacons, I couldn't belive the change in the beach......just my honest opinion....send me your e-mail and I will foward you some pics from last summer.

The dunes that are in really bad shape are to the right of the Beacons. I am almost sure that's one of the publich beach access walkover that has not been replaced. So, everyone naturally tramples right on down. We even ran kids off that were yanking what little vegetation was left off the dunes. The dunes to the right have been re-nourished and are looking good. The Beacons dunes are looking good as well. The beaches may not look the same but in comparison to how they looked in Sept. and October last year they are looking very good. This is based on how it looking a month ago.

http://www.sowal.com/bb/gallery/showimage.php?i=2924&c=4

Here's a shot of the beach in front of the Beacons. I'll have to see if we have one of the dunes I can post.
 
By the way, :welcome: and let us know about your vacation when you get back. We're always looking for first-hand reports!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top