• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Beautiful Corn

New posts
Boiled in water and milk w/ a touch of butter!

Then slathered in butter and eaten w/ the goofy little yellow "corn ear" holders! :biggrin:
 
After hearing about tales of real Iowa corn I'm not sure I've ever had real corn. People say all you get in the south is feed corn.
 
Iowa has some great corn, but feed corn is just horrid - you would KNOW if someone fed you that!

As with most items, it's the freshness of it that makes it really great. You eat it in season and within 48 hours of picking and it spoils you for other corn.
 
Last edited:
Try it raw!! I have a raw salad I make w/corn

5d56ccf1.jpg


Tomatoes, onions, peppers, corn right off the cob, cilantro, lime juice, avocado - and if you like, some black beans. YUM YUM

Thanks for posting and am going to send my dh to get some!

G
 
After hearing about tales of real Iowa corn I'm not sure I've ever had real corn. People say all you get in the south is feed corn.

Well Kurt, if you come see us, Rachel and I might just let you try some of this Real Corn. It ain't from Iowa but you still might think you have gone to heaven....
 
Reporting in to say YUM YUM. Just ate an ear and it was crisp and sweet. A ray of sunshine in winter.

Thanks for posting!
G
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top