• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Beef!

New posts

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
I assume this is still going on but yesterday I bought a 13lb+ hunk of ribeye at Fresh Market. It is the Hereford and it is boneless. I cut half into steaks and the other half sits waiting to be roasted soon.Very little outside fat to trim and plenty of intramuscular fat. $5.49 or $5.99 a lb., I do not remember which, but a deal nevertheless. Beef prices are very volatile these days it seems. Go buy some!
 
I assume this is still going on but yesterday I bought a 13lb+ hunk of ribeye at Fresh Market. It is the Hereford and it is boneless. I cut half into steaks and the other half sits waiting to be roasted soon.Very little outside fat to trim and plenty of intramuscular fat. $5.49 or $5.99 a lb., I do not remember which, but a deal nevertheless. Beef prices are very volatile these days it seems. Go buy some!

A deal at Fresh Market???? I'll be darned!!! Sounds great......but I have to stick with chicken and turkey or take cholesteral meds....and I don't want meds. Think of me while your eating your beef!
 
Thanks for posting! I stopped going into FM because their prices on beef were so high. I love cutting my own steaks!
 
When? Where? What should we wear? In other words....what time are we coming over for dinner? :biggrin: :wave:


No kiddin'. :wave: Freeze that stuff--I'll be there the 17th. :wave:
 
Lol to all the posts above :lolabove:. I cut the piece into 6 -2" steaks (plus the other half is still in roast form). I only have 2 now. I really don't want to freeze the hunk but I after I eat 2 more I think I'll be fairly grossed out :rofl: even though I love beef. I did just get my Handi-Vac so maybe that'll make me feel better about freezing a bit.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top