• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Other Beware Of Scammers

New posts

Kelley

Beach Crab
Just had someone on this site try to scam me. They were offering a home for rent in Santa Rosa...sent me pictures, sent me a contract.

I the contract they had a different name for pay to and asked for a cashier's check.

I asked if they could please verify that this is indeed their home... they said they could send references. I asked if they could somehow show me proof that this is legitimate. They stopped responding.

It's clear this was a scam... Took some digging into Google images to realize the house pics didn't match the ones they sent.

Also, I don't think sending a cashier's check is ever recommended.

Just want to give everyone a warning...be careful.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top