• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Big Dummmy

New posts
soappedaler, you *are* an inspiration. I didn't realize that size carriers existed for bicycles (I'm clueless). I could put my laptop on one side, books on the other. Now if I can only make it up that steep, half-mile long hill on the way to work ... :scratch:

Love your products, BTW.
 
You inspired me so I tried riding my bike to nearby/daylight locations this weekend. Doable, but way too hot - think I sweated off 5 lbs! Will do it more when it cools off!
 
Scooter bug,
Ride early in the morning. Pedaled this morning to UPS and Publix. Left the house at 8:00. Also get some lights, front and back, and you can ride a lot of places in South Walton at night. That's my favorite time to ride in the Summer. A rack and panniers will hold a lot of stuff too, There's some really good water proof ones you can get at Proformance bikes online. But If you are really into haulling check out xtracycles web site.
 
The noon bike ride was my "here's your sign" moment of the weekend. Normally I wouldn't even consider a noon bike ride, but I was really trying to use the bike instead of my car and that is when I go to/from brunch.

I've got a headlight on my bike, but don't frequently bike at night because it's hard for cars to see me or me to see obstacles/uneven path bits.

Love my rear carrier and panniers are on my to buy list for transporting more funky items!
 
Way to go soappedaler!! :clap:

How in the world do you balance with the kayak? I find a 12-pack on one side difficult (and that's before drinking any!) I've still been using the car for groceries and hauling the kayak. But if you can do it, maybe I can too.

You're an inspiration!
 
I can't explain it, but I can carry more on the back of my bike than I can carry. Juda at Big Daddy's says it's the gyroscopic effect, haven't bothered to learn what it is but it enables me do what I do.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top