Light colored...hanging out in the long grass and palmettos. Sounds like it could have been a Rattler.
Me and the Mrs were walking on 30-A the other afternoon and saw a snake swimming in the pond right near Gulf Place. It was a dark color with light bands going around it. Kinda like a Water Mocassin, but I don't know for sure.
This sounds like one of those copperheads that some people dont think are around here.Like I said, this was in headlights, so it was hard to tell, but he was mostly strawberry-blonde. His shape was what made me think he was venomous. Short and VERY fat.
This sounds like one of those copperheads that some people dont think are around here.
![]()
This sounds like one of those copperheads that some people dont think are around here.
![]()
That occurred to me, too, but it would have been some sort of albino. It was blonde. But the albino pythons I've seen are more yellow...I'm inclined to agree. Juvenile cottonmouths are also lighter in color. Tho' if it is the size reported, doubt it would be juvenile.
Another option: some idiot brought their pet python on vacation with them and it wandered off.

Link below is to a Florida snake page. Very informative.
Hey, did anyone see the footage of Steve Irwin at Eglin several years ago? He was chasing a bear and came across a ten foor Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnake. He called finding the snake the highlight of his career.
http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/herpetology/FL-GUIDE/Venomsnk.htm
He didnt look to thrilled at that point of the show.;-)