• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Bignets at Flip Flops

New posts

Paula

Beach Fanatic
We stopped by Flip Flops yesterday and got 20 excellent bignets for $6.99 to go (there were four of us and I think I ate half of them by myself). They were soooooo good and are now going to be part of our regular SoWal tradition. Thank you Flip Flops!
 
Yellow Fin Outdoors will be upset to know one can score 20 bignets for $6.99 at Flip Flops.

Oh, you meant beignets:doh:

You do pronounce the name correctly, right? BEN-YAY!

Sorry, couldn't resist:wave: I owe you an order for being a jerk:biggrin:
 
I'm new to this site. What are beignets?


The best fried dough you will ever had.

Last weekend I did the Saturday morning coffee next door and then went to flip flops for the beignets. Sorry I had forgotten to post about how excellent both places were. The weather was slightly cool and sitting out watching the world go by on 30-a.......now I am really starting to understand.
 
Yummmmm, Cafe du Monde. One of my best memories of growing up in New Orleans.

p140319-New_Orleans-Cafe_DuMonde.jpg
 
OK, Ok, OK, beignets. Beach Bimmer corrected me, too. I'm from Michigan, what would I know. :blush:
 
I like those bignets, too, at least the ones we find in Memphis....hehehehe, but the best are in NOLA at either Morning Call or Cafe du Monde and that coffee, cafe au lait, man, slap me happy thinking about it, drifting through the qawtah after beignets, a stroll by the rivuh, waiting for lunch somewhere ( probably Acme Oyster Bar fo 2 dozen and 2 Dixie beers) then Gallatoire's fo the evening.....it is fine.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top