• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Bike Path on 395 North?

New posts
There has been discussion here but no plans I know of. Not sure it helps that the road needs repaving unless it would save money to do a path at same time. This is what we should be using bed taxes for.
 
I emailed my County Commissioner as someone suggested. Thought I would share the response. Seems pretty generic. I mean I have a job too and when someone asks me to do something I don't want to I always say it's on my project list hahahhaa

"Yes, this is being looked at.
We intend to connect these areas with paths. I can't give you an exact date but I've asked Public Works to include it in our project list."

I just feel like this should have been done a long time ago. I am surprised no one has been hit yet. I went down JD Miller the other day and there is a bike path there (between Chat Holly and 98). I can't figure out how they choose where to put them, there is barely any houses over there. Who is using that bike path?

I mean, I almost tripped over a dead possum the other day trying to avoid a car :D
 
Probably just need a bike Lane and not a separate path. PW Historic Association probably wouldn't want a separate path.
 
I emailed my County Commissioner as someone suggested. Thought I would share the response. Seems pretty generic. I mean I have a job too and when someone asks me to do something I don't want to I always say it's on my project list hahahhaa

"Yes, this is being looked at.
We intend to connect these areas with paths. I can't give you an exact date but I've asked Public Works to include it in our project list."

I just feel like this should have been done a long time ago. I am surprised no one has been hit yet. I went down JD Miller the other day and there is a bike path there (between Chat Holly and 98). I can't figure out how they choose where to put them, there is barely any houses over there. Who is using that bike path?

I mean, I almost tripped over a dead possum the other day trying to avoid a car :D

Same ole song and dance...I would just like to be able to take a walk or bike ride without coming within inches of my life. And my kids would love a way to get to other streets and play with neighbors here without getting on the road to get there. I feel trapped on my dead end street.
 
Add me to the list of people who would like to see more multi-use paths.
IMO, if we have the space, it's best to separate pedestrians and automobiles;
everybody is safer and happier that way.

In addition to 395 North (in this order), I would like to see:
1. 283 North.
2. 393 South and North.
3. Finish 83 to 98.
 
Probably just need a bike Lane and not a separate path. PW Historic Association probably wouldn't want a separate path.
HPWA is in favor of a separate path as, with the school and church traffic, it would be far safer for everyone than just a small extra lane attached to the highway. Especially when I, whose inability to drive is well documented, am on the road.
 
Add me to the list of people who would like to see more multi-use paths.
IMO, if we have the space, it's best to separate pedestrians and automobiles;
everybody is safer and happier that way.

In addition to 395 North (in this order), I would like to see:
1. 283 North.
2. 393 South and North.
3. Finish 83 to 98.
The BCC just approved extending the 393 path from Ridge Road to 98.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top