• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Black Bear Sightings

New posts

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
I have a friend who's granddaughter goes to the
Elementary school on 30A past Stinkys. This week they couldn't get to their buses after school
Until a black bear sleeping under the bus was removed. : sharks? What sharks?:
 
That is Van R. Butler Elementary. From my understanding, the bear is just going to be left alone. She was in the dumpster and hanging out under the buses.
 
They don't need to relocate the bears, they need to secure their dumpsters. No easy trash, no bears.
 
They don't need to relocate the bears, they need to secure their dumpsters. No easy trash, no bears.
Are the bears getting into the dumpsters too? Everyone in Watersound has a standard wooden bin for securing their garbage cans. Are you saying that tops should be added to the bins?

I don't think the bears should be relocated. They lived here first. :)
 
SOP in bear areas is to get rid of or secure bird feeders, trash cans, dumpsters and other easy food sources around human habitations.

It is no coincidence that we see the bears around dumpsters and overflowing trash cans, they are the fast food joints of bears!

The bears are going after trash, not the kids.
 
Yes, trash attracts wild animals. I assumed that was common knowledge. If you took from my post that I thought the bear would go after kids for their food source i.e, for nourishment or for sh*ts & giggles, then you misunderstood my concern. I didn't feel that it would need clarification. However, here goes my abridged version.... Momma bears are protective of their babies and food source. I assumed that was common knowledge as well, my bad.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top