• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Black tip shark hooked in the bay

New posts

Tattooist Dave

Beach Comber
Two nights ago i hooked into a 4ft. black tip shark in the hogtown bayou near lion park. i fish the sallows and canals by my house over there. ive heard reports of two others that hang around the area. thought i just put the warning out. on lighter note the speckle trout and flounder are hitting like crazy-Dave
 
I have seen many many sharks over there in that area most of the ones I have seen have been bull sharks. ranging from 4'-6' plenty big enough to hurt you but everyone needs to remember that sharks are not after humans as a food source unless the shark is extrememly hungry most attacks are a case of mistaken identity:shark: :funn:
 
lion park is just at the end of chat holly road about a block away. i dont know the name of the road that it is on. i just know thats what the map labeled the park as. on lighter note the fishing is great there. wensday i caught a 19 inche sea trout-dave
 
I'm glad you guys are having luck...I fished over last weekend as the fronts moved thru and got blanked but for one rat red...I'm also not familiar w/where your talking about in hogtown either...I know about the second access at the end of 393 and cesna park but am not familiar w/chat holly road or lion park...where is it from the park?
 
Is this unusual for the sharks to be in the bayous' and the bay? We caught two black fin sharks at the mouth of the intercoastal and the bay this summer.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top