• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Blooms and Fishing

New posts
Re: Blooms and Fising

Chicken necks and hot dogs. :floor:
 
Re: Blooms and Fising

Me neither but I'm going to try. I wonder what the spaghetti beads are for
 
Re: Blooms and Fising

I use the pink/red beads. The color looks like pregnant sand fleas to the pompano (also help in keeping your rig from fouling). Gonna also fish Western Lake northern end for some redfish, trout, and even largemouth. Will let you know how we do.
 
Re: Blooms and Fising

One knows this because the Spaghetti Bead industry said so. Ha ha
 
Re: Blooms and Fising

One knows this because his father taught him. If I knew how to attach an image on the MB, I would show the difference between the ones that are pregnant and not. Hook up ratios on the ones that are pregnant are like 3 to 1. :roll:
 
Re: Blooms and Fising

toofargone said:
One knows this because his father taught him. If I knew how to attach an image on the MB, I would show the difference between the ones that are pregnant and not. Hook up ratios on the ones that are pregnant are like 3 to 1. :roll:

There are some image posting instructions somewhere on the boards. It's really pretty easy. I can help if you need.
 
Re: Blooms and Fising

Well, I did a google search for "pompano rig," and there are several companies, including Eagle Claw and eangler, that offer pre-tied pomp rigs. So if they are available online, I think it's a safe bet that a good tackle shop will sell them. Sure, you can tie them yourself, and I'm sure experienced pompano fishermen can do it with their eyes closed. But I can't think of anything worse than hooking a five-pounder, only to lose him due to an improperly-tied rig.

Just FYI.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top