Hey Kathyd,
Junk - Slice the whites of the green onions very thin. Add 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon white vinegar and black pepper. Put in fridge for a little while. Spoon on top of your beans. Yummy. I'll send you my beans recipe as soon as I get a chance. It actually calls for pickle meat which I get when I'm in New Orleans. You can substitute ham for this.
If you are looking for something that will stick to your ribs ask for the swamp special. It was still not on the menu the last time I was there. The swamp special I believe consists of 1/2 bowl of reb beans and rice, 1/2 bowl of Etufea(?) topped with two eggs cooked to order.
The Swamp Special is a heck of a lot of food.I get the swamp special everytime I go for brunch. Yum! If it has been a while I start to crave it and need my swamp fix.