• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Blue Bag Program explained

New posts

hanuman

Beach Lover
Hello all. Just a heads up, tonight on channel 13 ABC news they will be airing an interview discussing Walton County's Blue Bag Program. If you have any questions regarding the program and recycling in Walton County you should check it out. It will be airing at 5p.m. and then at 6p.m.. If you have Comcast it will be channel 2.
 
All I care to know is whether or not all my efforts of cleaning and bagging plastic, aluminum and steel are actually resulting in recycling, or are the bags being thrown away at the dump as some have asserted.
 
All I care to know is whether or not all my efforts of cleaning and bagging plastic, aluminum and steel are actually resulting in recycling, or are the bags being thrown away at the dump as some have asserted.

Yes, right on my bruva. I am very anal about the whole thing, cleaning everything before I bag it--they gave me a process to abide by and I am following it to a T.

If it is not working TELL me and I will go to the recyle drop off areas like before! :idontno:

To Hanuman--I don't have Tivo and I am out of town --can you report back on what they say..thanks
 
Last edited:
Yes, right on my bruva. I am very anal about he whole thing, cleaning everything before I bag it--they gave me a process to abide by and I am following it to a T.

If it is not working TELL me and I will go to the recyle drop off areas like before! :idontno:

To Hanuman--I don't have Tivo and I am out of town --can you report back on what they say..thanks

Check out www.wmbb.com after the news tonight, they will most likely post the video.
 
All I care to know is whether or not all my efforts of cleaning and bagging plastic, aluminum and steel are actually resulting in recycling, or are the bags being thrown away at the dump as some have asserted.

Ditto! Because if they scrapped the program w/o telling us, my blue bags o' recyclables may be getting put in a slightly different location! :angry:

Whose desk would be best? :idontno:
 
All I care to know is whether or not all my efforts of cleaning and bagging plastic, aluminum and steel are actually resulting in recycling, or are the bags being thrown away at the dump as some have asserted.

This is exactly why my stuff goes to the recycle trailer behind the Watercolor Publix. I'm there twice a week anyway, so there's no extra effort involved.
 
What about a grass roots effort here? I've got a truck, anybody got trailer? We could just go pick it up from in front of peoples houses on off trash days. :idontno:
 
Sounds like a plan to me - bet we could swing a salary/gas $ from the current recycling budget! :biggrin:

And I bet there are some folks who would be willing to donate their unemployed kids to the cause! ;-)
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top