• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Blue Heron Sightings?

New posts

JanetH

Beach Comber
I've been visiting this stretch of beach during the winter since the mid-90's, and in past years I've enjoyed seeing a blue heron during my walks and runs along the beach, often at dusk. Sightings were most common near the Camp Creek and Eastern Lake outlets, but it (or they--I only saw one heron at a time, but I'm not sure if it was always the same one) would sometimes venture east as far as Rosemary Beach. However, I haven't seen the heron yet this year, and I don't remember seeing it last year either. Has anyone seen any blue herons lately, or know of any currently living or wintering along 30-A?
 
:welcome:

I see them quite often on the beach. Though they usually stick to the wetalnds, bay and bayous.
 
:welcome: Janet, let us know if you see one...better yet take a pic! We would love to hear about any critters or experiences during your beach outings.
 
We have one that hangs out near our dock on Mack Bayou. He always shows up when we're fishing since he knows he'll get a good meal.
 
041230-062.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top