• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Blue Mnt. Wantabe

New posts

Gurl Dawg

Beach Crab
I've always wanted to have a second home in the Blue Mnt./Santa Rosa area; however, the prices have been out of my range. I purchased a gulf front condo in 2002 in west Panama City Beach, and am planning on selling it via a 1031 exchange. The only units in the Blue Mnt./Santa Rosa area that I've found in my price range(under $400,000)are in Sanctuary at Redfish. The complex is beautiful, serene and well-maintained. Then I read Jerome's postings, and frankly, I'm now reluctant to pursue Redfish. I have questions and issues as Jerome does, about the solvency of the HOA, occupancy, future elevated HOA dues and assessments, etc., but assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that because of the location, the complex would survive and appreciate as the economy recovers. Does anyone have any comments on Redfish or know of any other developments in the area at comparable prices?
 
I've always wanted to have a second home in the Blue Mnt./Santa Rosa area; however, the prices have been out of my range. I purchased a gulf front condo in 2002 in west Panama City Beach, and am planning on selling it via a 1031 exchange. The only units in the Blue Mnt./Santa Rosa area that I've found in my price range(under $400,000)are in Sanctuary at Redfish. The complex is beautiful, serene and well-maintained. Then I read Jerome's postings, and frankly, I'm now reluctant to pursue Redfish. I have questions and issues as Jerome does, about the solvency of the HOA, occupancy, future elevated HOA dues and assessments, etc., but assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that because of the location, the complex would survive and appreciate as the economy recovers. Does anyone have any comments on Redfish or know of any other developments in the area at comparable prices?

Call David at Isle of View Reality. He has a few properties right around the corner.
 
Gurl Dawg,

One of our agents, Barbara Martens, knows all of the owners at Sanctuary at Redfish, and we are the exclusive rental manager for the project. Barbara is also the Condo Association Manager.

Please contact her at our office 877-231-2880. She would be happy to help.

Also, stop by our Grayton office this afternoon for coffee and beignets.
 
Gurl Dawg,
I am a fellow Dawg and facilitate 1031 Tax-Deferred Exchanges for Old Republic Exchange Company (OREXCO) - www.orexco1031.com
I would be happy to answer any 1031 related questions you may have and share some information with you on exchanging vacation homes.
Thanks!
 
I've always wanted to have a second home in the Blue Mnt./Santa Rosa area; however, the prices have been out of my range. I purchased a gulf front condo in 2002 in west Panama City Beach, and am planning on selling it via a 1031 exchange. The only units in the Blue Mnt./Santa Rosa area that I've found in my price range(under $400,000)are in Sanctuary at Redfish. The complex is beautiful, serene and well-maintained. Then I read Jerome's postings, and frankly, I'm now reluctant to pursue Redfish. I have questions and issues as Jerome does, about the solvency of the HOA, occupancy, future elevated HOA dues and assessments, etc., but assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that because of the location, the complex would survive and appreciate as the economy recovers. Does anyone have any comments on Redfish or know of any other developments in the area at comparable prices?

You might look at 82 SAND DUNES RD, it's been on the market for quite some time. Price was recently reduced a bit. The owner might be negotiable. It looks like a really nice house.

http://www.destin123.com/Blue_Mountain_Beach.htm

Or, just give it time. More will likely come on the market, and prices around here continue to fall.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top