• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

blue mountain beach restaurants

New posts

shellak

Beach Fanatic
does anyone have any specific information on the 2 new restaurants under construction in blue mountain beach? i believe one is mcguires pizza and oyster house, and the other one, in nick's old building, is supposed to be shuckers but there is no sign there. wondering when they are supposed to open. we could really use some affordable restaurants around here, and blue mountain could use some activity although i love the serenity. be careful what i wish for, right?? as for lee's chicken going out of business, there is only so much demand for fried chicken these days - they could have benefited from offering some grilled chicken meals. i never eat fried food so never went there.
 
One of Shucker's principles posted that they would open in the Spring - I don't know if that has changed. I'm not sure about the other place.

Sally's By The Sea Store has incredible fried chicken as well as other great foods.
 
Johnny McTighe's Pizza and Crab House will open some time this Spring in the shopping strip with Blue Mountain Liquor and Market.

As for the old "Nick's" at the intersection of Hwy 83 and 30A, I've heard so many different things about who and what is going there, I don't believe any of them. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
 
Johnny McTighe's Pizza and Crab House will open some time this Spring in the shopping strip with Blue Mountain Liquor and Market.

As for the old "Nick's" at the intersection of Hwy 83 and 30A, I've heard so many different things about who and what is going there, I don't believe any of them. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Is that really going to be a gentleman's club? Shocked to see that on 30A!
 
does anyone have any specific information on the 2 new restaurants under construction in blue mountain beach? i believe one is mcguires pizza and oyster house, and the other one, in nick's old building, is supposed to be shuckers but there is no sign there. wondering when they are supposed to open. we could really use some affordable restaurants around here, and blue mountain could use some activity although i love the serenity. be careful what i wish for, right?? as for lee's chicken going out of business, there is only so much demand for fried chicken these days - they could have benefited from offering some grilled chicken meals. i never eat fried food so never went there.

I'm really surprised to see this quote. With all of the restaurants closing around us, several affordable ones come to mind. Why don't we support those that are still open. A few examples: Flip Flops Grill, Cowgirl Kitchen, The Red Bar, Hurricane Oyster Bar, Jambone, Seagrove Village Market. Forgive me if I've left anyone out, I know there are several more. I think we need to focus on our local restaurants before wishing for more.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top